Automated Documentation Enhanced Cognos TM1
Gain comprehensive visibility over your Cognos TM1 models and manage change without risk and costs
Understanding and documenting existing IBM® Cognos® TM1® models can be a time-consuming process. Further, when making changes to complex models, it is challenging to fully understand the implications of these changes to ensure issues or inaccuracies won’t arise. Having made the changes, documentation must be also updated – incurring effort better spent on creating new models or analyzing the resultant data.
What is QUBEdocs?
QUBEdocs enhances visibility and governance in your TM1 environment.
QUBEdocs is a proven solution for addressing the everyday challenges of TM1 analysts, developers and administrators. By delivering meaningful documentation of TM1 models, it virtually eliminates many of the time-consuming tasks associated with managing and making risk-free changes to TM1 models.
Key challenges, managing TM1 models:
- Understanding complex models and their dependencies
- The effort involved in documenting models for different user types such as analysts and developers
- Performing impact analysis before making changes to reduce risk of errors and data loss
- Tracking these changes to maintain up-to-date, dependable documentation that meets corporate governance requirements
- Having a central repository for TM1 documentation
- Understanding differences between models, either over time or between environments
- For the IT team, providing effective support for TM1 implementations and users
QUBEdocs significantly decreases the cost of managing your TM1 implementation, adding significant value to your business.
QUBEdocs automatically generates documentation for TM1 models and uses a simple framework for translating the technical aspects in TM1 into your own business language ‘as you go’ resulting in time and resource savings.
Presenting comprehensive TM1 model information in a meaningful way, QUBEdocs empowers users to logically and visually interrogate their model – making them less likely to make errors that result in support costs.
Users and developers can clearly see dependencies within complex models, depict the models visually and search entire models. This allows them to effectively anticipate the impact of changes before making them.
LESS RELIANCE ON EXPERT CONSULTANTS
By highlighting dependencies in TM1 models, users are less likely to need expensive external consultants to make changes or fix issues.
IMPROVED CORPORATE GOVERNANCE
Meaningful, hyperlinked documentation pulls verifiable information from underlying source files, making models easier to validate and audit. This ensures that changes are being made appropriately and in line with corporate standards.
How QUBEdocs works
QUBEdocs automates and centralizes the documentation of TM1 models, by allowing you to tag model constructs such as business rules, models, processes and applications. Integrating closely with TM1, it pulls information from vast numbers of underlying TM1 source files – enabling you to organize your model and delivering an otherwise-unavailable consolidated view:
- Depicting models visually
- Delivering hard-to-find information to developers, administrators and end users in a meaningful way
- Displaying comprehensive model dependencies
- Enabling impact analysis of proposed changes
- Highlighting errors through integrity checks
- Tracking changes to meet corporate governance requirements
- Capturing and reporting on changes over time or between environments
- Maintaining documentation as changes are made
QUBEdocs was developed by Mindfull (formerly Cortell New Zealand), based on an in-depth knowledge of IBM® Cognos® TM1® over many years, and a deep understanding of the challenges faced by a wide range of enterprises seeking greater visibility over their TM1 implementations.